20 THINGS EVERY SUN HOLIDAY FAN NEEDS TO KNOW
1. Closing date for applications is Friday, February 14, 2014.
2. You can apply by post or alternatively, you can post online using a credit or debit card. If applying by post, unsuccessful applicants will have their payment returned by February 27, 2014. If you have not heard anything by May 23 please telephone our hotline on 0844 543 9743 (calls cost 5p per minute from a BT land line and may be monitored or recorded for staff training purposes).
3. News Group Newspapers Limited, publishers of The Sun do not own or operate any of the parks mentioned in this offer. We do offer our readers complete financial protection in the event of financial failure of any park or park operator in this offer by holding your holiday payment in a trust account until the completion of your holiday.
4. Holidays offered are organised by independent parks and operators. Your contract will be with the owner or operator of your holiday park and comes into effect when a holiday confirmation has been issued to you. The party with whom you have your holiday contract accepts liability only for the negligent acts and/or omissions of its employees.
5. These terms and conditions and How to Book apply to all holidays booked through this offer and, together with the standard conditions of the holiday park or park operator, form the basis of your contract with your holiday park or park operator and theirs with you. Your signed application is your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this offer.
6. Only complete applications for holidays from £9.50 will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be returned.
We cannot always guarantee multiple applications will be similarly processed.
7. Parties of less than four can only be accepted on payment of the four berth price. Minimum payment with application is £38.60, which included 60p to cover postage.
8. Payment for postal applications can be made by cheque or postal order only. DO NOT SEND CASH. If you choose to post online, your application must include payment by credit or debit card. An online booking fee of £2.25 per booking will be added to the cost of all post online bookings.
9. The price of your Sun Holiday from £9.50, with service charge and entertainment/clubroom passes added, will be the best price available for the exact same holiday at your chosen holiday park and holiday date in the same accommodation type. If you find it cheaper and advise us within 28 days of making your Sun Holiday application, once we have verified the comparative cost is cheaper, we’ll refund you the difference plus £10. This price guarantee applies to bookings where a maximum of four people share a holiday home and pay for service charge and entertainment/clubroom passes. The price comparison does not include any Sun online booking fee and does not apply where optional extras are purchased such as bed linen, half board, holiday home upgrades or to bookings where more than four people share a holiday home. Please contact the Sun Holidays helpline within 28 days of applying should you find your confirmed Sun Holiday on offer at a cheaper price.
10. These are family holidays and bookings cannot be accepted from parties where all persons are under the age of 21. All-male and all-female parties under the age of 25 cannot be accepted. Pets are NOT permitted for bookings at any of the parks in this offer. If your park and specific holiday home is able to accept pets this will be shown on your confirmation and payment for pets should be made direct to your holiday park.
11. ABSOLUTELY NO AMENDMENTS WHATSOEVER can be made by you after your holiday application has been received by us. Further, no refunds whatsoever can be made in the event of cancellation by you after the holiday confirmation has been issued to you in accordance with your application, unless the reason for cancellation is the fault of the park or operator.
12. Only people whose names are on your holiday booking form are permitted to occupy the holiday home allocated. Any persons causing a nuisance or disturbance to others will be asked to leave.
13. Holiday homes will be caravan homes, chalets, apartments, lodges, bungalows, cottages or tents. Holiday homes will be available from 4pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on day of departure. If you will be arriving at your park during late evening you MUST advise your park direct in advance. Weekend breaks start on Friday and end on Monday. Midweek breaks start on Monday and end on Friday. Seven night European breaks start on Monday or Friday. Parks in this offer will allow you to use the park facilities on your day of arrival and departure before and after your specific holiday home accommodation is available.
14. It is your responsibility to leave your holiday home in the condition that you found it. Breakages, damage or missing items WILL be charged to you. At European parks you may also be charged an additional refundable cleaning/damage waiver deposit of £100. This will be charged direct to you by your park in advance of your arrival. Alternatively, you will have the option to pay a non refundable Equipment Damage Waiver guarantee of £15 per booking. This must be paid PRIOR to arrival at your park.
15. These are self-catering holidays. No meals are included in the price, except on catered holidays where breakfast and evening meal are included for supplements of between £11.50 and £17.50 per person per day, based on four people sharing.
16. Bed linen and blankets are NOT included at any of the holiday parks within this promotion. Most parks offer bed linen and blankets for hire at a very reasonable cost and these can be booked and paid for in advance direct with your park or park operator. Most tent accommodation includes pillows and blankets but please check with your park/operator. A charge for cots, cot sides, high chairs and bed linen, if required, will be made by your park. This will be payable at your park as applicable.
17. Service charges are applied by some parks, others offer NO SERVICE CHARGE but Electricity/Gas is metered. Where applicable, service charges are per unit per night and are primarily to cover the cost of pre-arrival cleaning of your holiday home and include gas and electricity. Where this is not included, parks have coin meters or token meters. Tokens can be purchased at your park. Service charges range from £10 to £44 per holiday home per break and will be double for 7 night European breaks. Service charges will be charged direct to you by your park or operator in advance of your arrival. For European parks you may also be required to pay a refundable cleaning/damage waiver deposit on arrival at your park (please see 13). DO NOT send the Service Charge payment with your application.
18. Parks offering full day and evening entertainment programmes may charge for optional Entertainment Plus Passes. Charges will range from £2 to £15 per person per break. Other parks may charge £2 to £10 per person per break for optional Clubroom Passes. Check your Park's description in this supplement for specific charges.
19. Insurance is not included but STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. For holidays in England, Wales, Scotland and the Isle of Wight include £9.50 per booking for personal and motor breakdown insurance if required. A summary of the cover is shown in this pullout. Your insurance cover note will be sent separately from your holiday confirmation. For holidays in Europe extended cover costs £26.50 for your whole party. You will also need to provide the registration number, make and model of the vehicle that you want covered. Full cover details will be sent to you after you have received your European holiday confirmation. All Insurance Premiums and Insurance Premium Taxes collected are the Insurers’ monies and immediately passed to Optimum Underwriting Ltd. as Underwriting Agents of Groupama Insurance Company Ltd. and also as Agents of Call Assist for European motor breakdown insurance, to be held in trust until completion of your holiday. These companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For details of insurance cover go to ukholidaysinthesun.co.uk/insurance
20. For Isle of Wight, Irish and European holidays, or for holidays on the mainland from Isle of Wight or Ireland, The Sun has negotiated special crossing rates in conjunction with this offer. For European holidays you can choose from Dover-Calais ferry crossings with P&O Ferries from £40 return for car and up to nine occupants or Portsmouth-Caen with Brittany Ferries from £100 return for car and up to five occupants. Offers for Portsmouth/Cherbourg, Plymouth/Roscoff and Portsmouth/Le Havre from £100 return are also available. If choosing a European holiday, you can select and pay for your chosen ferry crossing at the time of booking. Alternatively, full details of ferry deals will also be sent to you with your holiday confirmation and you can choose to make your booking direct with the ferry operator. Your crossing contract is with the ferry operator. To help when making your European holiday selection, we have included mileage and drive times to and from the nearest recommended port with the park facility listings. These are approximate and News Group Newspapers, the parks and operators are not responsible for journey times exceeding those shown or any road toll charges that may be incurred. For travel through Europe, all members of your party will require a valid passport and those driving are advised to take their driving licence.
Help us to improve our site, please tell us if this answered your question.
Click on the stars to rate this question (1 = did not answer the question, 5 = answered the question)
(279 people have voted)